Sitting at a crossroads of various European kingdoms and countries throughout history, Istria has adopted pieces from many cultures while still having a taste all its own. Given its Mediterranean location, it’s not surprising that wine cultivation has been ongoing for thousands of years. Two main grapes, Istrian Malvazija and Terran now dominate the wine scene, offering up a unique taste of this far-western peninsula of Croatia.
- Overview of the history of wine production in the area.
- Visits & tastings at one or two boutique wineries in the morning
- Lunch at a top-end restaurant
- Third visit in the afternoon
Included in the tour price
- Pre-tour communication and customized design
- Translation from Croatian and/or Italian to English
- Full lunch at a local restaurant with wine included
- Pick up & return as well as transportation throughout the day
- Time permitting, additional, regional-specific gastronomic/cultural activities