Montsant private wine tour & tasting
Montsant is the younger sibling to Priorat and it wraps around the older, emblematic Catalan region with a loving embrace. It holds a great variety of wines ripe for discovery made by local families who have been working these lands literally for centuries.
- Overview of the history of wine production in the area, structure of the DO, subzones, etc.
- Visits & tastings at two boutique wineries (*) in the morning
- Lunch at a top-end restaurant (**)
- Third visit in the afternoon
- Sommelier guided wine shopping at local wine shops if desired
Included in the tour price
- Pre-tour communication and customized design with special requests taken into account (ie a Grenache-centric tour, comparison of Montsant vs Priorat, vegetarian lunch menu, etc)
- Certified sommelier guided tastings throughout the day including the visits, lunch, and personal shopping session
- All tasting & winery visit fees
- Translation from Spanish & Catalan to English
- Local knowledge from the only professional wine writer based in the entire region (read more)
- Complimentary copies of the author’s Montsant & Priorat wine books
- Three course lunch at a local restaurant with wine included
- Pick up & return to the Reus or Falset-Marçà train station and transportation through the day
- Time permitting, additional, regional-specific gastronomic/cultural activities
- 275€ per person
- All participants in the tour must be 18 years of age or older
- The price may vary if you are more than two people, please inquire
- More than four people would require arranging your own transportation
Visitors with an interest in wine of all ethnic backgrounds, religious, & sexual orientation are most welcome.
* Many wineries in Montsant are not officially open for visits, but at times things can be worked out. Others accept absolutely no public visits.
** Lunches are at the best restaurants in the region with lengthy tasting menus. If desired, there are other options that can be enjoyed with a reduced price.