Private food & wine tour of Tbilisi city
While the name originally means “warm place” due to the natural sulfur springs in what is today’s Abanotubani quarter, don’t be put off by the heated rush to dust it off. Tbilisi offers its visitors a gastronomic spread not seen anywhere else in the region and thankfully, the wine scene has made great strides to catch up. Wine bars have been popping up and the restaurants themselves now have respectable local wine lists. From Tbilisi, it’s even possible to do a number of day trips to nearby boutique wineries which are covered in the Central East and East regional chapters.
- City walk with visit up the Narikala cable car
- First guided tasting at local wine bar
- Walk through Betlemi/Meidani Neighborhood with tasting of various local food items
- Guided walk though the 19th century Sololaki Quarter followed by a second guided tasting at local wine bar
- Dinner at local restaurant with wine
Included in the tour price
- Pre-tour communication and customized design with special requests taken into account
- All tastings & meals
- Translation from Georgian to English, German, Russian, or Ukrainian
- Complimentary copies of the author & guide’s Georgian wine book
- Traditional meals at a local restaurants with wine included (vegetarians welcome!)
- Transportation in and around Tbilisi throughout the day (more on transportation)
- Time permitting, additional, regional-specific gastronomic/cultural activities
- 100€ per person, minimum of 2. Half day tours available upon request as well. Customization can be accommodated upon request.